Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Teaching vs .....whatever

Assalamualaikum



I have actually partake in a quiz the other day. Quiz about finding your life's purpose. After taking it,  i ended up with teaching as my life purpose...which is kind of cool but left me unsure....


You see, i believe teaching to be a good profession. A noble career....nothing is more wonderful in handling a class full of students and seeing them make something out of their lives...But to be honest, I kind of dreaded the teaching profession. Not to demean it in any way, it's just I don't thing I have what it takes to be a good teacher. In my opinion, a teacher is someone worldly, someone who is more knowledgeable than anyone and someone who you can trust your future to...



As for me, I just don't make the cut. I mean I love teachers, don't get me wrong but I don't think I have the ability to transfer my smarts to others. I can't convey and explain well to make others understand me...I can understand things in my own weird way but not able to convey it to people. That is a curse. I would love to be a teacher. I can just imagine it in my head. In a classroom, relaying on History subject to my students...I just love History....A while ago, I was toying with the idea to take up a degree in Islamic History just for my passion....the thought of teaching the subject did cross my mind...but I can't even teach my sister to cook a simple dish like making sambal...let alone teach History to kids whose future depends on acing subjects...I just don't have the courage...yet...I think....bummer :(




No comments:

Post a Comment